If you have purchased one of our DFY websites, here are some of the most frequently asked questions we receive. If we haven’t answered your question, please just ask and I’ll add it to the list! If there is something specific to only one theme, it will be listed under the theme design below.
- Inside that folder, you will find all your instructions and the all important ‘Import Folder – New Website’.
- Inside that folder is the “file” you need to upload!
- That’s all you need to upload…just one file! No zips, no folders…just the file in the import folder.
You can watch one of the videos I have created. It doesn’t matter what design you have purchased, the steps are all the same!
This is what you’ll see:
- Enter your domain choice.
- Next step (ignore the price as the discount coupon is applied automatically at the checkout!) Click continue.
- Click continue again (it shows quarterly billing as you are getting 3 months free.) When your first invoice falls due, you will have the choice of changing your billing period if you prefer. (Either monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or yearly. Discounts apply for semi-annual and annual subscriptions too!
- Click ID protection for free! Then click continue!
- Enter your customer details and head to the checkout!
- If you have any problems, please contact us!
If you need help or only need us to install your website please submit a ticket with your purchase details here. Submit Ticket Here
It is a special “import” file ONLY!
The ‘All In One Migration’ plugin is the only source/software that can use it. The file is exported using the plugin, and therefore requires the same plugin to import the file. It is specially created.
It is not corrupt, it is not broken…it is a file you simply have to drag and drop (or upload) into the plugin ‘import file’ section.
Adding Your Logo to The Media Library
- Upload your image to the media library.
- Click ‘Edit’ to copy the image URL.
- Save that for the moment.
Edit The CSS Stylesheet
1. Look for this section in the CSS stylesheet.
2. You will see it says background: none; and it shows the height in 2 areas and the width in 1 area. Here’s what you have to do:
- Add the URL of your logo to the part that says background: none; like this:
- background: url(https://yourdomain.com/wp-uploads/date/logo.jpg) left top no-repeat;
- Next change the height of your logo (whatever yur logo image height is) in 2 places.
- Next change the width of your logo in one place. (I like them to be about 300px so they look nice on all devices.
If it looks like there isn’t enough space above or below your logo, you can change the size here:
- margin: 10px auto 10px
- Go to Genesis > Theme Settings
- Scroll down to ‘Use for site title/logo’
- Click Logo image
- Scroll down and save changes.
That’s it! You’ll have your logo looking perfect!
However, there are 2 options.
1) You can always create a dummy install on a temporary sub-domain and extract the theme that way. Then install on your own site and see (from your dummy install) how it all goes into place, as you can look inside and see what goes where.
2) Or I can do it all for you. I charge US$197 for this service. I do it all. I install everything and keep your content – I install the design, your logo, your contact details etc. I set it all up on my own domain (with all your content) and you get to see it all finished first. Then I move it all over to your domain (which is where your website and content is currently).
If you would like me to do it all for you, please submit a support ticket.
You can change the image by going to your “theme > images” folder. The easist way is through cPanel or your FTP program. I love using Filezilla.
- ‘Diets and Nutrition’ website, go to “Appearance > Simple Responsive Slider”.
- ‘Stress and Your Health’ website, go to the Genesis Responsive Slider, found in “Genesis > Slider Settings”.
- Other themes I have created are using the Soliloquy Lite WordPress plugin. Look for Soliloquy in the left hand side of your dashboard. There you can edit the slider for the homepage.
The Soliloquy plugin is my personal favorite. I didn’t realize there was a lite version when I began creating designs for you. I have the lifetime version which has lots of goodies! You can see all the features here.)
To remove the author info or the date info from the top of the posts, you have to add some code into the functions.php file. I have pasted the code in the comments section below…as the code doesn’t play nicely in my post. 😉
Look at the comment I made on April 2nd, 2017. Thank you!
You are basically trying to delete the person logged in…which is impossible to do. You have to log out and then log back in as ‘you’ the new user, then you can delete ‘me’. Make sure you assign all posts to you!
Down the bottom you’ll see a ‘Restore Default Settings’. Click that and save. Now you’ll see the meta area.
Remember…don’t stress if you don’t get a green light! Your page may have a high flesch score, which is fine! It just means your content is excellent and written for a highly intelligent audience! 🙂
<h3 style=”text-align: center”>We provide information on diabetes and natural treatment options!</h3>
As for the specific sizes, the design is mobile responsive, however this is what is in the demo theme:
- The 2 smaller ones are 768 x 512 (the height needs to be at least 275)
- The bigger image is only 768 x 533 (although the height is set to 580, so this one can be up to 1190 x 580).
Being a mobile responsive design they automatically resized.
- Or if you really want to have them changed, hire someone to do it for you.
- Or if you would like to hire me, I will make the changes required with your new category and homepage image placements for US$50.
If you want to do it yourself, you have to know code, and make the changes of your new categories in the old category places in the Wp_Query strings. For example:
$the_query = new WP_Query( array( ‘category_name’ => ‘type-1-diabetes’, ‘posts_per_page’ => 1 ) );
If the images have all gone weird, the code is broken. Here’s the code you need to place in the ‘text’ (not visual) part of the EZ Feature widget.
<div id=”featured-one” class=”two-thirds first”>